The Chidester Family

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Owen

So I thought I would give an update on Owen. I feel like my children are growing up so fast. I also think with having another baby I am feeling overwhelmed with giving each child the attention they need. So it helps me to take a few minutes and write down things about each child. Owen loves anything to do with music and art. He has been in a music program for 2 years and will be returning for another year this fall. It teaches him music theory and how to play the piano. We were lucky enough to have my grandma give us her piano, so Owen loves the fact that he gets to practice on a real piano. He enjoys writing his own pieces, he has written three of them. He had taken a few art classes and loves making things as well. You can see in two of the photos Owen is performing at his piano recital. Owen also recently completed 2nd grade. His teacher this year also loved music and art. So he got plenty of chances to do additional activities at school in those areas. At the end of school the class make puppets and performed a play. It was super cute and Owen was really proud of his puppet pig he made. You can see the photo of the puppet show above. Another thing that has been a big accomplishment for Owen is learning how to swim and learning to ride his bike without training wheels. These are things we have always encouraged and wanted Owen to do but he has shown no interest. But this summer so far so good. I have no photos of either of these things, I don't know why. But we are sure proud of him. This summer is also very exciting for our family because for the first time ever since starting school we get to have a very long summer break at our house. Our local school that we attend is year round and traditionally we have had a 3-week summer break, which we all hated, but not this summer. Carson is going from A track to D track, which is often unheard off, giving him a 10-week summer break. Owen will be going to a different school next year. He will be attending a private school called American Heritage of South Jordan. So Owen doesn't start school until after Labor Day, leaving him with a 13-week summer break. I love summer and all the time with my kiddos. I know when school starts it will be a hard adjustment especially with having one kid on year round school and one kid on a traditional calendar. But we will see what comes.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Great job, O! We think you are awesome.