Thanksgiving time was wonderful. We were able to have basically two big dinners one with my family and one with Kerry's. It was super special because my brother and his family drove to us from San Francisco area to spend time with us. They were able to stay in our newly finished basement (the basement needs to be another blog update, I just need to take a photo of it now that it is finished). It was a real treat. We then spent Thanksgiving day with Kerry's family. Kerry scored some really good deals at the Black Friday sales that started that night at 10:00pm. He stood in two different lines for two different deals, it was crazy but he got what we wanted.
The kids are growing like crazy and are a lot of fun to be around. Owen is taking piano lessons and loving every minute of it. He also joined his school's choir and last week he performed 3 different times. He did awesome and you could tell he loved it as well. Carson is Carson as always, he is loving school and friends. Sadie is now 2 1/2 years old and she is so big now and beautiful. She is such a sweetheart and still has her very mellow personality. She and her daddy still have a very close bond and she certainly is a daddy's girl.
As far as Kerry and I, things are the same. I still serve as primary president, yes it has been over three years and yes I still love my calling. Although, the biggest change for our family is Kerry graduates from school. After two years of a lot of hard work, sacrifice and time he is done. It will be such a joy to have him be home again each night by 5:30pm and eat dinner with us and be here again to be with the kids. We are so proud of him.
We want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas. I love this time of year so much. The lights, decorations, music, family/friend gatherings, etc. I just love it all so I hope you find a moment or two to be able to partake of some of the joy this season can bring to to you and your family.
Owen and Carson showing each other brotherly love. Although, they don't act like it at times, they are best friends.
Sweet and beautiful Sadie!!
No comments:
Post a Comment