The Chidester Family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sadie's Baby Blessing

This past Sunday we had the opportunity to bless Sadie. It was a nice event and we had lots of family and friend support. So thank you for all those that helped with food and other things. It is always wonderful to add another member to your family and then take the time to have special occasions like this. Even, though it is stressful preparing to have about 80 people at your home, it is worth it. It helps remembers us how much we are loved and the support we have.

My sweet, beautiful baby girl was gorgeous. This all thanks to my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. They mentioned a few months ago that they would make a blessing dress for Sadie. But we never really talked about it again. Then I was planning on borrowing a dress from a friend. But to my surprise a week before the blessing they called and said that my mother-in law had picked out the material and my sister-in-law was sewing it. I wasn't sure, we had not talked about any details, so I was worried. I can not explain in words how beautiful the dress was and how beautiful Sadie looked in it. The dress was more than I could have imagined a blessing dress to be. That afternoon when we went to undress her, Kerry even mentioned that it is to bad that she can't wear the dress more often. I really think Kerry is been taken by the whole daddy's girl thing. He said he would love to hold her at church wearing the dress. Is that not the sweetest thing ever.

I have to take a moment to say again how blessed I feel to have this sweet baby girl in our lives. She has by far been the least stressful baby I have had. She started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks and often requires nothing more than a fresh diaper and some milk maybe every 4 hours. She is so patient and calm, something we needed in our family. I still look at her everyday and think she is a true miracle and we our so lucky to have her in our family.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm telling you us girls are less stressful from the beginning!! Glad all is going well

DAVIS said...

She is getting so so big! I wish we could of been there for her blessing!

The Wiseman's said...

She is Beautiful!!!