The Chidester Family

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ready or Not Here She Comes

I guess I should do another update about the baby. As of last Monday, I was a little bitter about my doctor sending me home and canceling my induction date for May 20th. But a few days later everything changed. No I haven't had the baby yet. But here is the latest.

On Wednesday, I went in for my weekly non stress test. I am monitored because the baby has a singular artery umbilical cord. The want to watch the baby to see how well she will do during deliver. This a test where the watch the baby's heart rate and look for contractions. They like to see three accelerations in the baby's heart rate in about 30 minutes or so.

Well on Wednesday after 2 hours of being monitored. The baby's heart not doing so well, (I was not having any contractions) they decided to send me to labor and delivery and told me to call my husband. My doctor fully admitted me into the hospital and said he would watch her for another hour and then if things didn't improve I would delivery by c-section. I was sacred and not prepared for that. I didn't even consider that an option only because I haven't had one yet with my boys. So a total of 4 hours later, I walked out of the hospital still pregnant. All of this is such an emotional roller coaster.

I went back on Friday for another non stress test. My doctor warned me that if things didn't go well, he could induce me. So after 3 hours of monitoring, they determined everything was fine and again sent home still pregnant.

So now I go back in on Monday morning to see the doctor. I few ways this appointment could go. One, he could send me over for more monitoring and then make a decision based on that. Second, he could decide to induce me that day. Third, he could schedule an induction date for Thursday or Friday. But he definitely told me, he will not let me go past my due date the 17th. So I now for sure something is going to happen next week. I haven't had much as far as contractions, so I will need to wait for the doctor to help things along. I also don't know if I will deliver c-section or not. I am preparing myself for that and will deal with whatever happens. I just want whatever is best for the baby, I don't want her little heart to be under stress for a long time.

As you can see by the above photo, I have plenty of things for her. I have had baby shower and bought a lot of girl things for her. The nursery is transforming slowly into a baby girl room, with pink curtains, a rug and girlie details on the walls. We still haven't decided on a name, (or I still haven't made up my mind). But I hope the next blog update is announcing her arrival.

3 comments:

melissa said...

I'm shooting for tomorrow. But of course, you'll have to buy your petunias first.

the Chidesters said...

Everything will work out the way it should. My c-section with Liam went a lot better than I expected, I've heard the horror stories, but mine was just fine. Now, having had a baby both ways, I couldn't choose one way over the other. Just try to get some rest this week!

DAVIS said...

I am so excited for her to arrive (I know, not as excited as you).. Less than a weeks Emily!!! :-)