If you have ever really experienced sheer disappointment, you will know how we are feeling during this whole experience of waiting for the arrival of our baby girl.
As of last week, several times we thought she was coming based on her heart showing signs of stress and thinking the doctor would start labor soon. The doctor promised to see us on Monday and we definitely would get a plan about setting the date for delivery. He mentioned that he would not let me go past my due date the 17th. We truly believed that we were going to meet our baby girl this week.
So when Kerry and I went in yesterday for the doctor's appointment, we were secretly hoping the doctor would let us have the baby that day. But we were faced with a whole lot of disappointment. The nurse informed us that my doctor wasn't in the office today and actually wasn't going to be in all week. You should have seen the look on our faces. So I had to stupidly ask, "That means I am not having my baby this week?" The nurse said, "The only way I would have my baby this week is if I go into labor myself or medically something goes wrong with the baby." Needless to say we were upset, frustrated and sad. I think it is safe to say yesterday we experienced ever emotion out there.
I will continue to go in for non-stress test this week and having the baby monitored. Otherwise, I don't see my doctor until next Monday. I guess it is hard to have a baby induced without a doctor. The only somewhat happy news about this is before I left the doctor's office, I was handed a piece of paper. I guess it is suppose to be my golden ticket to the light at the end of the tunnel. I honestly don't want to get to attached to the idea but only time will tell the real outcome of things. The paper was an appointment for Wednesday, May 20th for an indicated induction at 7:30 am. I know the baby will come in 9 more days, unless she decides differently for us.
4 comments:
Are you kind of mad at your doctor? I would be a little angry! He set you up to let you down. I am so sure he wasn't at your appointment! Sorry Emily! She will be here so soon!!! :-)
Uggg. I'd be signing up for a new doctor. Mine is taking new patients :) He'd have induced you by now!
Oh well, then the sleep deprivation starts & the joy of handling three kids begins..it'll only get harder, my dear.
That can't be fun to keep getting your hopes up - I hope she comes soon!
Hope she gets here soon!!!
Post a Comment