IT IS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!
I was finally told what I wanted to hear for the last five years, I am getting to have a daughter. It is 100% a girl. I am very excited and I am still having a hard time processing it. I almost thought it might not happen, but I was wrong. In five months I get to have a girl. But of course I have a story to go along with yesterday's events.
First of all, if you are wondering were is the cute ultrasound photo of the baby. Well, the ultrasound was done in the hospital and they wouldn't let us videotape or take pictures because of the rules. But they said don't worry we will give you a DVD of it. I have never had a DVD and thought that would be cool. But once we got home the DVD would not play, they were having issues with recording it but said that everything would be fine. Wrong, no pictures of baby until next ultrasound. So you will have to believe me about the gender.
Also, yesterday when they checked the amount of blood flow the baby was receiving through the umbilical cord it wasn't as high as it should be. So they looked further to discover that there was an issue with the cord. Traditionally the cord has one vein and two arteries. The cord we are sharing only has one vein and one artery. So the amount of blood to the baby is limited. In most cases this problem will cause additional problems like baby's internal organs will not fully develop. But they checked the baby over several times and discovered all her organs had developed and measured fine. This only happens in1% to 5% of all pregnancies. The good outcome will be the baby will go to full term of 40 weeks and probably have a small birth rate. The bad outcome will be as the baby grows, if she can't grew well enough on her own they would take her early to help her grow. But everything yesterday looked great so far. I guess that explains why everytime I have gone in for an ultrasound the baby has always measured small. I will have another ultrasound in 8 weeks and they will know more than. They will compare the ultrasound from yesterday to the new one and see her growth and then decide what to do. For now lots of ultrasounds and stress tests to insure that she is okay.
After the doctor's appointment we went to close on our mortgage. We refinanced at a lower interest rate. It was very nice to get that taken care of. It was even nicer when they said we don't have to make a mortgage payment until March. That's right no house payment for January or February. I wanted to take the money and go on vacation. But Kerry is right, we need to pay off some debit and honestly it is all my student loans but no one is pointing fingers.
One last thing to along with yesterday, when I woke up I didn't feel all that great. I thought maybe morning sickness, but I was wrong. I didn't think I was going to make it to all of the appointments but I did. But shortly after that I started throwing up for the next 8 straight hours. I was at my mom's house because I had gone back their to get the boys and never made it home. Finally Kerry came to get us after work to take us home. So it was a very long day. And yes if you are keeping track this is the third time in four months I have had this flu bug. I even got a flu shot this year. Kerry and the boys have each had it once but I haven't been so lucky. Lets hope no more sickness.
5 comments:
You poor thing! I can't believe you have the flu! After having it once I thought I was going to DIE! Good thing you are a lot stronger. The good news is... it's a girl!!! :-) Bring on the PINK!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
How'd you do it? Oh wait, that didn't sound right.
Okay...NOW we shop, that is, when you get over the flu. I'm keeping my distance until then...we have the eternal cough and runny nose but so far no up-heaving. NOT fun when you're pregnant on top of it.
Keep us updated on that cord issue. Hopefully it'll just mean you'll have a healthy 6 lb. baby & you'll deliver 2 weeks early. Good news that everything has developed right.
Call Bart if Kerry wants help painting the nursery. OH does this mean Owen & Carson will share a room now? You could use Jan. & Feb. mortgage payment to frame the basement...
But I vote for a vacation. You and Kerry deserve it.
I'm rambling..just like on the phone.
That was me, Melissa Eichelberger there above. My username isn't working.
So sorry to hear about what's going on, but totally happy that everything looks good. Hope it all turns out great for you!
Congratulations!
IvĂ© got a boy and a girl it´s fantastic!
Post a Comment