So Owen has started first grade, he is doing wonderfully. Things are going way better than I thought they would. For example, for the first time ever in his life Owen has to wake up regularly at an early time. Man I was completely dreading this event. But we bought him an alarm clock and it goes off in his room each morning and then the next thing I know he is standing next to my bed telling me to wake up. He also loves his teacher, I am really liking her as well. So for the most part we are off to a good start.
I have to admit I think I am the only one still having the adjustment issues. Well, Carson is too. The days our cousin doesn't come over to our house Carson by noon has asked me maybe 100 times if it is time to go get Owen from school and it is not even lunch time. But it helps that three days a week Carson can go to preschool. He is liking that also, he still sometimes tells me he doesn't want to go to preschool that day. But he has gone each time. I still have a hard time with Owen being gone so long and miss him so many times during the day. I miss my helper, I didn't realize how much he helped out until he was gone and I miss talking to him. I also feel guilty to do some of things I do during the day because I know Owen would love being part of it. But with time I am sure we all will have adjusted to our new schedule.
I am glad the weather is still nice outside because in my heart I don't want it to be close to fall time. It is hard to believe that 2010 is in the 8th month. We also have continued to be able to do fun summer things. We have gone to birthday parties, the aquarium, hot air balloon festival and we are going camping next week. We also hope to take in a baseball game and go to the Thanksgiving Gardens. So here is to long summer nights despite the kids going to bed early for school.
2 comments:
Owen! You are so old!!! 1st grade! :-) We miss you guys so much! Hopefully we will get to see you next month?
GO O! First grade is fun. Too bad we already go off track on Monday_Ty is going to be so confused!
Post a Comment