The Chidester Family

Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Fun

I am sad to do this post because as quickly as I am able to post about all our summer fun, it is already coming to an end. Owen starts 1st grade today, well actually tomorrow. We have a open house to go to and meet his teacher, etc. But tomorrow is the real deal. It is hard in so many ways. He only had a 3 week summer and that really isn't enough time for me because 3 weeks ago he was a kindergartner and now fast forward 3 weeks and he is a 1st grader. I am happy he is going and learning so many things. I am really enjoying this age and all his curiosity for wanting to know things. But I am not ready to have him gone for over 6 hours each day, I swear I just gave birth to him. It will also be hard on Carson, they are best friends and play all day together and now Owen is gone. Granted next week Carson is starting preschool 3 days a week and will also be having fun. It is a lot of adjustment on the mom to have so many changes at once, where did the time go? But ready or not here it comes.

So to help celebrate the last week of summer, we tried to do something fun each day. So I posted some pictures of the highlights of the different activities. We were able to have friends over and play, we even blew up the big pool and got wet, we went to a float preview, bowling, to a copper mine, the Children's Museum 'Discovery Gateway' and a great neighborhood party to celebrate the 24th of July. Kerry was even nice enough to cook dutch oven dinner for over a hundred people for the party.

1 comment:

DAVIS said...

Such a cute family! Emily your hair is getting so long! Do you love it? It looks really cute! Sorry your summer is over, but it looks like you guys made the most of it! :-)