The Chidester Family

Monday, June 7, 2010

Aloha!!!

We have returned after 7 days in paradise. We just recently visited Hawaii, we were on the island of Oahu. So were to begin, we saw and did so many things and the island was absolutely beautiful.

I would post some pictures but right before we left Kerry got a brand new camera and with that said he probably took over 300 pictures of this trip alone. I don't know how to download the pictures and I need time to go through them all, so that will have to wait until later.

If you asked me my favorite part, I really wouldn't know how to answer that question. Could it be the waterfall hike with the gorgeous landscape, the beautiful sunset on the beach, the rain forest parts of the island, the picturesque beaches or the fireworks show on the beach over the ocean.

So to list some of the things we did while on our vacation:
Polynesian Cultural Center and saw the LDS temple
We went kayaking to an island about an hour away from the shoreline
Shopped at a swap meet
Snorkeled in Hanauma Bay
Went out on a boat on the ocean to look back at the island, saw a sea turtle along the way
Went and saw the 'rain forest' jungle by riding in a jeep
Saw the beautiful valley and mountains where a lot of Hollywood movies were filmed
Visited a Japanese temple
Saw the Dole pineapple fields
Visited all the military sites involved in World War II

There is so much more to share and of course everything we did has pictures and a story to go along with that experience. For example, the kayaking experience was so eventful, the parts were I wanted to cry like a baby and turn around because I was scared to death, plus not to mention we capsized while out in the middle of the ocean. But I don't have time to blog everything not to mention you wouldn't want to read a novel. But we would be happy to share and show the photos. For now all I can say is that it was so wonderful to get away with the one I love and be young and free again. We missed our children dearly and it feels great to be home again. We will always have those special moments of all the things we did while in Hawaii.
To be continued...

2 comments:

melissa said...

Get those pics up!!!!! It all sounds so dreamy. I've been thinking about you and your fun trip (especially while we were sitting home with the kids eating hamburger rice caserole for our 10 year anniversary). Glad you made it back safely and have fun gettting back to life. Give me a call when things settle down. Until then, I'll be waiting for those beautiful photos.

Becky said...

Wow sounds like a fun vacation! You did a lot of the things we did when we went to Oahu a few years ago. I'm so glad you were able to get away - you totally deserve it. I sent you an invite to our blog via email. If you have any problems with it, let me know.