The Chidester Family

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dejavu

I thought I would give a quick update on the pending arrival of our baby girl. The first thought that comes to mind is dejavu, certainly a repeat of the arrival of Carson. I went into the doctor's yesterday and was pleased to find out I am a 3 and 100% effaced. Which I think would make most women happy. Granted I was excited, but then my doctor continued to tell me that he was uncomfortable waiting three days past my due date to induce me and that he was already inducing someone on May 20th and I could not have that day any more.

So I am thinking lets talk induction for next week, he induced me four days early with Carson. But he did not want to talk induction any more or set a day because he believes as soon as I start having constant contractions that I would go into labor on my own. Perfect, lets take a walk down memory lane almost three years ago with Carson, I was checked and I was a 4 and 100% effaced. Everyone including me thought any moment I would go into labor. Every time I left the house I took my hospital bag and pillow with me, thinking any second. But no three weeks later I had to be induced. I had no contractions at all.

So you can see why I am so excited, because of my history I do not think I will go into labor on my own and I am sure I will see my doctor next week. Although, I have been having a lot of cramping and contractions, nothing to send me to the hospital. Instead I continue to live in constant pain and getting no sleep at night. I have not even packed a bag and the worst part of all of this is I am a control freak and I have absolutely no control, I hate that. I am a walking ticking time bomb. I am sorry I sound so bitter and if you every wondered what a nine month pregnant women sounded, well hear you go.

3 comments:

DAVIS said...

:-( Since Carson is a boy, I am going to go with he was relaxed and didn't really care when he came into the world, but since the baby girl is going to be like mom.. she is going to be starting the labor soon! :-) I have faith in that lil babe! Sorry it's taking so long! I bet she will come on mother's day! :-)

The Wiseman's said...

Hey girl!! I think you need to go on a long jog around the neighborhood! I am so sorry I remember how miserable I was with both of mine at the end! Hope all goes well and good luck.

the Chidesters said...

Sorry to hear that! But it sounds like you could go any second, just think happy thoughts, good luck!